The following arrest information was supplied by the Wilton Police Department. It does not indicate convictions.ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿
Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2010
- A Wilton police officer was on patrol when he noticed a vehicle buried up to its axles in the parking lot of 70 Danbury Road. When the officer approached and spoke with the driver, Michael R. Scheurich, 38, of Danbury, he found him to appear to be under the influence of alcohol. Scheurich said that he had been driving his car until it got stuck in the snowbank and also believed himself to still be in Bridgeport at the time. He was subsequently arrested and charged with DUI. He posted $1,000 bond and has a Jan. 6 court date.
- Four masked teens were charged with second-degree breach of peace and some with possession after they were reported harassing a group of Weston girls as they drove through Wilton. The full story is available ï»¿hereï»¿.
Thursday, Dec. 30
- A resident came into the police department to report that he believed someone had been tampering with the brake line on his vehicle. He said that his wife and he had also had tire blowouts on their vehicles recently in the span of about six months. All the incidents led him to believe that perhaps he was being targeted by someone trying to cause him harm, though he could not tell police who he suspected. The resident first came upon the idea when the technician who reported the brake line gash asked him “if he had any enemies” according to police.
- Bruce Roby, 36, of Stratford was stopped following a complaint of his erratic operation at the intersection of Old Nursery Drive and Belden Hill Road. He was found to be under the influence after failing field sobriety tests, arrested, charged with DUI, and released on a PTA for a Jan. 6 court date.
Friday, Dec. 31
- Police reported two suicide incidents between Dec. 31 and Jan. 1. The full story on them is available ï»¿hereï»¿.
Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011
- Two cars were traveling northbound on Danbury Road. The first vehicle stopped to turn left into a business and was struck from behind by a second vehicle. The driver of the first vehicle, Robert Mena, 42, of Wilton and his passenger Elizabeth Caldron, 43, were both injured and taken to Norwalk Hospital by ambulance, complaining of back pain. The driver of the second car, Faith Totushek, 52, of Weston was not injured but was charged with failure to drive a reasonable distance apart.
Sunday, Jan. 2
- Graham Goldberg, 42, of Pound Ridge, NY was observed crossing the double yellow line multiple times in his vehicle. After police stopped him he failed field sobriety tests, was arrested, charged with DUI and failure to drive right, posted a $500 bond and was assigned a court date of Jan. 10.
Monday, Jan. 3
- Three vehicles were involved in an accident on Danbury Road. The first two vehicles slow to stop for a traffic signal while a third vehicle failed to slow and struck the rear of the second, sending it into the first. The only reported injury was the driver of the second vehicle Kevin Meade, 56, of Darien. Kelly Sullivan, 31, of Stamford was the operator of the third vehicle and was cited for following too closely, failure to carry a license and failure to carry an insurance card.